Women’s health and wellness are promoted everywhere. So many programs and organisations work on this mission to make a difference. You must have come across campaigns and drives promoting the same as well. Venus Army is one such organisation that works hard for awareness and achievement of women’s health, wellness, and empowerment. We contribute to many programs throughout the world. A percentage of the amount we earn through our products is donated to such causes.
Getting back to the topic, the point is that you need to understand why this is emphasised on. Health, in general, is very important for good quality of life. But women’s health, in particular, has a larger impact than individual lives. Let us see in detail why.
Importance of Women’s Health:
Women lead a very busy life, with work and family responsibilities to fulfil. We have to agree that majority of the women don’t have their health as their priority. Staying healthy is very important for everyone but for women, it is significant because they have to bring new lives to the world. Pregnancy and childbirth can take a toll on your health if not handled properly. A healthy mother can give birth to a healthy child. If the mother is not healthy, she and her child’s life can be in danger. Mothers make nations, and their health means a lot for the health of future generations.
Women also need the health care system more than men because of reproduction and sexual health reasons. However, all health-related issues women face are not due to childbirth. They need more healthcare due to conditions like cardiovascular diseases, cancer, diabetes, mental illnesses, and osteoporosis.
Women are the nucleus of the family and their health is very important for the upbringing of the children.
In addition to that, they have to work as a contributor as a bread earner. In many countries, they can’t access regular health care facilities because of many financial and social problems. Research has shown that the health of the next generation has been affected inversely because of that.
Now, that we have established that the well-being and health of women are vital for any nation, let us see what we can do about it.
- Health awareness campaigns should be run by the government and NGOs.
- On a personal level, you should start by adopting healthy habits.
- Look around you, if you know any women who need guidance in this regard, then help them out. You don’t have to help them with money, showing empathy is more important.
- Get regular check-ups for conditions like breast cancer, cervical cancer, and menopause, etc.
- Mental health is also important. If you are facing any symptoms that indicate a mental illness, then immediate consultation with a doctor is a must.
- If you can, donate to organisations that help women get medical care.
- Join online communities that work for women’s health and wellness to help yourself and others. VENUS ARMY allows you to look after yourself and be a part of other’s journey towards a better and healthy life. Join our community today!
Written by Amna - freelance writer