Great Health Benefits of Lemon Water
Whether you drink hot or cold lemon water, drinking lemon water can help to detox your body, help absorb nutrients and energise your day. You get the benefits of lemon water whenever you drink it, but sipping on it in the morning will kick-start your day. Lemon water doesn’t just quench thirst better than any other drink – it also provides our bodies with plenty of vitamins, minerals and vital trace elements. It’s also a great energy booster for when we wake up first thing in the morning as our tissues are dehydrated and in desperate need of fluid to push out toxins.
Lemons are vitamin C rich citrus fruits that enhance your beauty, by rejuvenating skin from within bringing a glow to your face. One of the major health benefits of drinking lemon water is that it paves way for losing weight faster, thus acting as a great weight loss remedy. Lemon juice helps replenish body salts especially after a strenuous workout session.
So let’s look at 5 top health benefits of drinking lemon water:
- Improve Digestion: Drinking warm lemon water can help your body with digestion hanks to the citric acid contained in lemon. This acid interacts with various enzymes in your body and stimulates the secretion of gastric juice.
- Detox Your Body: Lemon juice is a powerful way to clear toxins, support the immune system, improve digestion, and protect the liver and kidneys. But to detox your body effectively you need more than just lemon water. Our “DETOX & BEAUTY” capsules contain 15 active ingredients including natural fibers to boost digestion and concentrated botanical extracts for a complete detox formula.
- Improve Nutrient Absorption: When you drink lemon water along with foods high in iron, your body will able to absorb the iron better, she adds. The added benefits of lemon water include vitamin C, antioxidants, and potassium.
- Boosts Your Immune System: Lemons are high in vitamin C, which is great for fighting colds. They’re high in potassium, which stimulates brain and nerve function. Potassium also helps control blood pressure. Ascorbic acid (vitamin C) found in lemons demonstrates anti-inflammatory effects, and is used as complementary support for asthma and other respiratory symptoms plus it enhances iron absorption in the body; iron plays an important role in immune function. Lemons also contain saponins, which show antimicrobial properties that may help keep cold and flu at bay. Lemons also reduce the amount of phlegm produced by the body.
- Aids in Weight Loss: Lemons are high in pectin fiber, which helps fight hunger cravings. Studies have shown people who maintain a more alkaline diet, do in fact lose weight faster. I personally find myself making better choices throughout the day, if I start my day off right, by making a health conscious choice to drink warm lemon water first thing every morning.
Making Lemon Water in the morning for Weight Loss
Any form of calories count when you're trying to lose weight. To keep calories in check with your lemon water, it's best to keep it simple, making your refreshing drink with only water and fresh lemon juice. The juice of one lemon has 11 calories. For each whole lemon you squeeze into your water, you get 20 to 25 percent of your daily vitamin C needs.
Things to Avoid
You may be tempted to add sweetener to turn your lemon water into a type of lemonade, but adding 1 tablespoon of sugar bumps the number of calories in your drink up to 45. And honey isn't any better, adding 64 calories per tablespoon.
You may want to drink your lemon water with a straw to prevent the acidity in the lemon juice from affecting your tooth enamel.