The chia seed has been having a moment for what seems like the past five years. That’s probably because its uses are limitless.
Consider this recipe whittled down, super simple version that’s naturally sweetened, rich in protein, and low in calories. Anyone can make it! Plus, it’s so healthy it’s actually suitable for breakfast. If that doesn’t sell you, I don’t know what will.
- Half a cup of rolled oats
- Pint of almond or coconut milk
- 2 teaspoon of chia seeds
- 1 scoop of VENUSPRO Vanilla ice cream (use VganFuel Lean for vegan option)
- pinch of cinnamon
- Mango pieces for topping
- Use oats, milk, VENUSPRO, and cinnamon to make overnight chia seeds mix. Add chia seeds and mix vigorously to combine.
- Let rest covered in the fridge overnight or at least 3-5 hours (or until it's achieved a pudding-like consistency).
- If blending, add to a blender and blend until completely smooth and creamy, scraping down sides as needed. Sweeten to taste.
- Leftovers keep covered in the fridge for 2-3 days, though best when fresh.
- Serve chilled with mango toppings.