Overnight Chia Seed Protein Pudding
The chia seed has been having a moment for what seems like the past five years. That’s probably because its uses are limitless. Whether you're looking for healthy energy-packed breakfast or pick-me-up snack, chai pudding is the way to go.
Why We Love Chia Pudding?
Chia pudding is the perfect healthy breakfast or snack to meal prep for the week. It’s creamy, satisfying and loaded with protein, fiber and omega-3s. Vegan, gluten-free, paleo and keto.
When it settles in the fridge, it has a pudding texture, amazing flavor and lends itself to endless topping possibilities. It’s a snack will leave you feeling satisfied, satiated and so energised for your day!
Consider this recipe whittled down, super simple version that’s naturally sweetened, rich in protein, and low in calories. Anyone can make it! Plus, it’s so healthy it’s actually suitable for breakfast. If that doesn’t sell you, I don’t know what will.
- Half a cup of rolled oats
- Pint of almond or coconut milk
- 2 teaspoon of chia seeds
- 1 scoop of VENUSPRO Vanilla ice cream (you can also use choco orange/jaffa cake flavour as well)
- pinch of cinnamon
- Mango pieces, coconut pieces for topping
- Use oats, milk, VENUSPRO, and cinnamon to make overnight chia seeds mix. Add chia seeds and mix vigorously to combine.
- Let rest covered in the fridge overnight or at least 3-5 hours (or until it's achieved a pudding-like consistency).
- If blending, add to a blender and blend until completely smooth and creamy, scraping down sides as needed. Sweeten to taste.
- Leftovers keep covered in the fridge for 2-3 days, though best when fresh.
- Serve chilled with mango toppings.
Chia Pudding Chia to Liquid Ratio
We’ve found the perfect chia pudding consistency is 3-4 Tablespoons of chia seeds to 1 cup of liquid.
The type of liquid is up to you and will vary based on preference and dietary restrictions. We love using plant-based milks like almond milk, cashew milk and coconut milk. They give the chia pudding a creamy consistency that’s really nice. Full-fat canned coconut milk is great if you’re looking to increase the thickness and make a really filling breakfast, snack or dessert out of the chia pudding. It’s also a great option if you follow the paleo or keto diet.