Top tips for a Good night sleep
A good night’s sleep is a fundamental part of our health and well-being, and means we are more alert and productive during the day and while you are training. So why do so many of us find it hard to achieve? Some people can function on very little sleep, while others need up to 10 hours to feel rested.
- Try preparing your breakfast before you go to sleep so you don't have to worry about it in the morning.
- Meditation can help you to calm your mind and remove any negative thoughts.
- Take more exercise. Regular, moderate exercise such as strength training, swimming or walking can help relieve the day’s stresses and strains. But not too close too bedtime or it may keep you awake!
- Cut down on stimulants such as caffeine in tea or coffee – especially in the evening. They interfere with falling asleep and prevent deep sleep. Have a hot milky drink or herbal tea instead.
- Deal with worries or a heavy workload by making lists of things to be tackled the next day.